Apply for Assistance
We are pleased to know that you have opened your heart to adopting a child. By providing interest-free loans to adoptive families, we hope to help create a world in which every child belongs in a loving home. To be considered for an interest-free loan, please call 713-860-4981 for a pre-screening interview. If you are eligible, you will be asked to submit the following:
- $15.00 Application Fee
- Completed Application
- Adoption Expenses
- Financial Information
- Adoption Statement
- Approved Home Study
- Most Recent IRS Tax Information
- Signed Consent Form (to allow us to run a credit report, contact your adoption agency, and share your adoption story & photos)
- Most Recent Bank Statement (checking and savings)
- Copy of Valid Driver’s License for all applicants
- Copy of Recent Pay Stub for all applicants
- Current Family Photo
- Name, Address and Phone Numbers of Four References (cannot be family members)
Our goal is to assist families with the final steps of their adoption. You must be within three to six months of completing your adoption before you may submit an application. Eligibility to receive a loan is based primarily upon financial need. However, we review each family on a case by case basis. The Application Review Committee considers the following when assessing for eligibility:
- Financial Need of Prospective Parents – Funding priority will be given-but not limited to-families presenting the greatest need.
- Licensed Adoption Agency – Applicants must use an approved adoption agency that is licensed in their state of operation.
- Approved Home Study –The family must have an approved home study.
- Additional Financial Support – The family has sought other funding sources (applied for other loans and grants, utilized employee assistance, fundraising through family members, friends, etc).
- Communication with Pathways – Applicants are willing to provide updates on the child’s health and well-being, and supply family photos twice a year, until the loan is repaid.
- Stewardship to Pathways – Applicants agree to repay the loan in order to help other families with their adoptions. Our goal is for the funds to become ‘self-perpetuating’ – where the loan repayments received each month will be recycled to meet the needs of new adopting families.
- Availability of Funds – Each month, requests for assistance outweigh resources, and we regret that we are not always able to provide assistance to every qualified family. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that every qualified family will be granted a loan.
Please contact Pathways for Little Feet for additional information: 713-860-4981.